Monday, January 1, 2018

A Brand New Year



Happy New Year to you....may 2018 be a year to remember in the very best kind of way. May you live it without regrets, may you have hope, peace and joy as you face the challenges that life will no doubt deal you and me. How?  Let me share with you how I plan to live this year in hope, joy and peace.

Forgetting the things that are past and reaching to what lies ahead. Philippians 3:13.
It is too easy for us to beat up on ourselves for our areas of failure but it brings nothing but condemnation and depression.  I choose to do myself a favour and forget what is negative from the past.  I have brought it to God and asked His forgiveness and now I choose to forgive myself.

And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone,  forgive them, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.   But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses. Matthew 11:25-26 
There will be opportunities this year to either get offended or to forgive people.  If I choose to forgive those who hurt me (whether intentionally or unintentionally) I know I will find peace and joy.

Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for what he has done.  Then you will experience his peace. Philippians 4:6-7

There is so much going on in the world right now to depress, spark fear and bring hopelessness if we choose to dwell on it.  Instead I choose to Fix my thoughts  on things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:7-8

I  can rejoice because Psalm 5:11-12 says But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend (protect) them; Let those who also love Your name be joyful in You.  For you, O Lord, will bless the godly; with favour You will surround them as with a shield.

As you can see God's word is full of everyday wisdom for those who trust their lives to Him. May He be your strength and shield as you walk into this new year.

Prayer:  Thank you Father for a brand new year.  Thank you for your love which is ever present.  Help me to walk in the circle of your love this year and to demonstrate your love as I journey through this year.  Amen







No comments: