Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Provision



I love to hear a story of God's provision. Recently a friend shared something that had happened during her week.  Her little girl is growing up fast and, as they do, growing out of her 2 year old clothes.  With recent extra household expenses and Christmas looming there was no money to go out to shop for clothes so she did the best thing ever.  She handed the need over to God.  "Oh well God, you know what we need."  And she left it with Him.  Awhile later she was in the garage and thought to check in the pile of boxes.  She opened one that she'd forgotten about and there was a whole lot of pre-loved clothes - size 3!  Need met, problem solved.  What struck me was that before she prayed, that box was there just waiting to be rediscovered.  The scripture verse that comes to mind is Isaiah 65:24 " ...before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear."

This story reminded me of the wonderful provision of a Saviour that God made for you and for me in the person of Jesus Christ.  It's Him we celebrate at this Christmas season.  Jesus really is the ONLY reason for the season.  One day, and I think it may be soon when I look at Bible prophecies being fulfilled around the world, He will come again.  Not as a babe but as the Lord of Lords and King of Kings........ Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him.  Revelation 1:7 Why will people wail on account of Him?  Because they have not realised the reality of His Lordship and have not believed that He is the Son of God.

Because we became separated from God through Adam's sin and God wanted to restore our fellowship with Him again. He created us to be in fellowship with Him.  I love the following verse....But God does not just sweep life away; instead, he devises ways to bring us back when we have been separated from him. 2 Samuel 14:14b (NLT) We need to recognise our need of forgiveness in order to have a relationship with God.  It's not about religion, being in church or living a good life. In other words, it's not about what we can do to get to God but about what God provided for us. It's about being in relationship with the living God through Jesus Christ, and walking in His ways.

If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth.  But if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  1 John 1:8-9  If you have never prayed the following prayer I hope you will consider doing so today.  

Prayer:  Father God, thank you for the provision of forgiveness of sin through Jesus Christ.  I acknowledge that I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me today and make me a part of your great family of believers.  In Jesus' name I ask.  Amen

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

Welcome to the family!  Merry CHRISTmas.







No comments: