Saturday, March 25, 2017

Stuff Happens


And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 ESV

Three weeks ago life changed!  My sister, Jenny (pictured) and I were planning a lovely time away at a women's retreat.  However, it didn't quite happen as we planned it because a couple of days before we were to leave Jenny broke her ankle quite badly and ended up in hospital for a week.  I am so thankful that I was nearby and could run to keep her company and call an ambulance (a new experience for me).  As she lay on the floor I prayed, "God, your word says that you can cause all things to work together for the good of those who love you and and have been called according to your purpose. Would you please bring something good out of this."

I'm sure there will be things that God will do through this event, going forward, that I won't know about, but already I have seen that God is using this in a good way for another family member.  Also we have had the pleasure of being able to care for Jenny in our home in her time of recovery.  She is such a great patient.....for which I am VERY thankful!!  I am sure God is teaching me too!  I haven't had to be in a caring role before.

A major benefit for those who love and walk with God, is that we can always know that he is with us  and is able to bring good out of something that seems to be a disaster.  That is a great and comforting thought to have in any difficult situation.  We can look up and say "Okay God, what are you up to in this?"  That is called "trust".  

Do you have a situation in your life right now that you could pray that scripture verse for?  It is not necessary for the negative events in our life to remain just negative events.  If we bring God into them they can become growing and learning situations, bring us into contact with others whom we can influence for Christ by encouraging them and sharing our faith, or any number of other things.  Why not ask God what is wants to do in your situation and you will more than likely have something to praise him for.

Prayer:  Dear Father,  please help me to include you in my difficulties so that I can allow you to bring about your good purposes and give me opportunity to praise you for your goodness. Amen

No comments: