Saturday, March 4, 2017

Complaints


........ the burden is too heavy for me.  Numbers 11:14

Do you ever feel like shouting at whoever might listen...."I can't do this any more.  It's just too much for me."?  You won't be alone in your complaint.  There have been many times in my life when I have felt like this and guess what?  I've lived to tell the story!

However, I have never had the load at Moses had to carry......he had hundreds of thousands of complaining people to cope with.  Under instructions from God, who had pity of the Israelites when they cried out for mercy when they were slaves in Egypt. He had brought them out on a journey to the land that God had promised to give to them.

One day their complaining just got too much for Moses. He voiced his complaint to God in no uncertain manner. "How can I carry them to the land you swore to give their ancestors?  Where am I supposed to get meat for all these people? They keep whining to me, saying, ‘Give us meat to eat!’  I can’t carry all these people by myself! The load is far too heavy!  If this is how you intend to treat me, just go ahead and kill me. Do me a favor and spare me this misery!” Numbers 11:11-14 (NLT).

Moses was not afraid to be real with God and God didn't strike him with lightning!  But God had a solution for him.  You see Moses wasn't meant to carry the load alone.  It was meant to be shared.  I can't count the number of times in my life where I have fallen into the trap of not asking for help.  Sometimes we don't realise until we come to breaking point like Moses did...."just kill me Lord!"
Moses did the right thing, he went straight to God for a solution. Moses was meant to be doing what he was doing, he just wasn't meant to be doing it alone.  

Perhaps you find yourself in the similar position today.  The work or ministry you have been doing has become too much for you and you are weary and discouraged; or perhaps it just doesn't seem to 'fit' anymore.  Go to God with an open heart and ask Him what you should do.  Perhaps it is a new season for you and you have 'outgrown' the ministry you have been doing for some time and God wants to grow you in a different way.  When it's time for change God has a way of 'stirring our nest', making us uncomfortable and moving us into the new season.  Don't be afraid.  God will show you what to do and when to do it if you keep your antennae tuned in to Him.

Prayer:  Father God thank you for your faithfulness and love, thank you for your ear which is always open to my cry.  Help me to stay in tune and in step with your Spirit and cast all my cares and burdens on you.  Amen





No comments: