Saturday, December 30, 2023

What Will Lighten Your Darkness?

 


As we stand on the cusp of 2024, do thoughts and questions assail your mind about what this brand new year will look like?  The year past has certainly brought with it many disasters, deaths and distractions, both natural and man-made. Do you worry about many things - finances, family, the future?  Perhaps you wonder even if there is a future for this troubled world.

Although 2023 has been an increasingly difficult year in some aspects, and we certainly don't know how the next year will shape up, I am thankful for the hope, the picture of what the future holds, and the security that my wonderfully wise and loving God gives me day by day as I read His Word. I am thankful that I received His gift of faith in Jesus Christ so many years ago.  He is the One who gives me hope.

The Bible is, contrary to the assertions of some 'modern thinkers', the inspired word of God.  The more I read it and compare it with the historical evidence of the many prophecies fulfilled (and there are hundreds), I am inspired. The more I study it and discuss it with other believers, the more I am encouraged.  The more I take its words at 'face value' and not try to overthink it, the more I am challenged. The more I choose to believe it and obey it as best I can, the more peace and joy I have in my everyday life.  It is surely, in my humble opinion, the Manufacturer's Handbook, and we neglect it to our detriment.

This is a Book that will definitely lighten your darkness if you choose to walk through it with God's Holy Spirit guiding you.  It says that a person cannot understand it without having the Spirit of God in them.  You can be very religious, you can do more good works than your Christian friend, but unless you choose to have faith in God's wonderful gift of Jesus Christ who came to save us from our sinful selves, the Bible will not make sense to you, and you will have no hope of eternal life.  

Today as I prayed I felt the Spirit say, "Read My Word, Love My Word, Live My Word." This will certainly be what I will take into whatever the new year will bring, because "His Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105.  

"How is that?” you may ask.  Because it tells me that He is faithful, true and protective of me, that I can rely on Him and His wisdom in the most difficult of situations.  It tells me that His love and protection will never leave me no matter what happens.  It tells me what the future of this world looks like and what comes next.  Because of that I am not afraid.  I believe what this Book says.

If you want to walk in lightness of spirit, and be filled with hope in 2024, then choose to walk closely with Jesus Christ for He is the Light of the World, and not in the wisdom of you own thoughts.  Read His Word, Love His Word, Live His Word.

PRAYER:  May the Spirit of God keep your heart and mind in peace as you choose to live His way. May God's joy be yours as you believe in Him and trust your future to His care.  God bless you with peace and faith in the year to come. Amen


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen sweet friend. Blessings to you and Colin in 2024! πŸ™πŸ’•πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦