Sunday, June 24, 2018

A Cure!



Recently new hope again sprung up when a possible cure for bowel cancer, or at least an early detection test, was announced.  In a world with so many disabling and fatal illnesses this was indeed good news for many. Hundreds of thousands of dollars are poured into trying to find cures for diseases each year. In the meantime people who can afford to, go after any possible treatment for their illness.

If we hear of something that might help a person we know who  is suffering from a disease we usually ready to offer them the slightest possibility of hope. If we knew of a certain cure and withheld the information it would be considered unusual at best and criminal at worst.

Here I am going to get dramatic, but please read on!  If you had a deadly disease and I knew of a positively certain remedy and did not tell you, would I be a true friend?  Certainly not!  Hang onto your hat for the next news please..... it MAY be that you indeed DO have a deadly disease - it's called sin.  This affects every human being born on this earth.  We are born in sin.  Yes sin will kill you ultimately, but there is a permanent cure and it's not about being a good person or going to  church; it's about your relationship with God through his son, Jesus Christ who died for your sin and mine.

 I find that people don't realise they have an eternally fatal disease.  Yes there is life after death.  We are eternal spirits clothed in an 'earth suit', our body.  We just move from one dimension to another.  In the next dimension there are 2 destinations - heaven and hell.  Sorry, but yes, there is such a place as hell.  The good news is that we get to CHOOSE our destination.  Here is the simple ABC of how to make the choice of ETERNAL LIFE which has to be made before you die.  There are no second chances.  Yes, God is merciful, but he is also just.  Sin demanded a penalty to be paid, Jesus paid the price, but we must choose to receive that gift or reject it.

Admit that you have sinned -
Believe that Jesus Christ paid for your sin
Confess that Jesus Christ has been raised from the dead
"For it is by believing in your heart that God raised him from the dead, and by openly declaring your faith that you are saved."  Romans 10:10

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life, no-one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6
The Apostle Paul said: "There is salvation in no one else (but Jesus Christ)."  Acts 4:12

If you have read these words today you can never stand before God (which you will in the future) and say "ˆNo one told me what I needed to do to get into heaven" - you have heard it today.  I hope you will pray this prayer.  If you do, please email me with your declaration of faith so I can rejoice with you.  If you are already a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, you may want to share this message with those you love and care about.  Feel free.

Heavenly Father,  I admit that I have sinned and come short of your standard, I believe that Jesus Christ has paid the penalty for my sin.  Please forgive me and come into my heart.  I believe that Jesus has been raised from the dead and that one day I can be with Him forever.  Amen





No comments: