Saturday, June 3, 2017

Patchwork



Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.   Proverbs 3:5-6

The Patchwork of Life

Life is a journey we travel
filled with surprises, challenges, joys and sorrows.
Some of these are welcome experiences,
others we would rather avoid completely.
But each experience holds its own treasure
which, when seen together, in the end,
forms a patchwork, the patchwork of our life.

If we can embrace each experience, its joy or its pain,
and hold it up to God; if we can say,
 “Lord, give me grace to walk this part of the journey.
Help me to feel the love, the joy, the pain,
the emptiness, or the loneliness, and grow through it.
Give me the wisdom to make right choices along the way,
and ears to hear your voice when I walk, or even stray -
To hear you say, “This is the way”,
and to alter my course accordingly”.

Then, as we complete each section of our journey,
we will have learned well
the lessons life has brought to us, and be enriched.
As we hold them before the Lord with thankfulness,
we will be ready to share with others
the wisdom we’ve gained
 to help them complete their journey
through the patchwork of life
    then nothing will be wasted.    

Jackie Simmons

PRAYER:  Lord God, thank you for my life experiences this far.  May I value them for what they have brought into my life and how they have shaped me into who I am today.  May I submit my course to you and entrust myself to you on this journey of life.  Amen

No comments: