Thursday, June 4, 2009

Now is the time... To Walk in God's Wisdom


Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly. Psalm 1:1

In the process of unpacking all my books that have been stored for over a year I came across a Daily Devotional Bible and decided to begin using it again. The readings follow through the Bible in a year with passages from the Old and New Testaments, Psalms and Proverbs. As I read the story of creation again I was struck by the words, “And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind” (Genesis 1:25), and “Then God said, “Let us make man in our image”…. So God created man in his own image.” (Genesis 1:25,27).

This made me think again about the evolutionists who would have us believe that we evolved from apes. Clearly animals were created separately and differently from man. Men (and women) were the only ones to be created in the likeness of God, and, on a separate day in creation (however long that “day” might have been).

Then as I read Psalm 1 verse 1 I was struck by a connection between these two passages. The counsel, or wisdom, of the ungodly would have us believe in evolution’s ape to man theory, but that is not what God’s word tells us. To follow God’s wisdom, which is truth, is to trust his word. This will bring us into blessing, and as we go on to learn of him and his ways we will receive more insight and clarity.

We may not always fully understand what we read in the Bible. Some things may appear strange or sometimes even contradictory to our “natural” mind. However I have found that it is possible to commit those things to God and perhaps at a later time he will bring more understanding to me. That’s where our faith comes in.

The key thing is to trust the wisdom and counsel of God because it is the truth and the way to a full and satisfying life.

Prayer: Holy Spirit please be my teacher and guide me into understanding God’s word and his ways so that I may be blessed in all I do. Amen

No comments: